Sheila Stafford was born in 1939. She trained at St Martin’s College and is a freelance illustrator and printmaker.
- 1956-65 – Studied at Newton Abbot School of Art and St Martins, West of England College of Art. Intermediate NDD Illustration, ATD.
- 1961-65 – Teaching Art O/ A Level in London and Bournemouth
- 1965-67 – Working as an Artist Agent in London. Commencement of freelance illustration works in children’s books, magazines and advertising.
- 1967 – Moved to Cornwall. Continued illustration work and developed screen-printing, stone lithography and etching.
- Member of Newlyn Society of Artists and Cornwall Crafts Association. Visiting lecturer at Exeter College of Art.
- 1987 – Moved to East Devon. Member and Director of Devon Guild of Craftsmen. Exhibited in galleries throughout the south of England.
- 1999 – Solo Exhibition Theatre Mwldan, Cardigan, Wales. Various illustrations commissioned whilst living in Wales.
- 2002 – Etching exhibited in Wales Artist of the Year in Cardiff.
- 2004 – Painting commended in MOMA Wales Summer open exhibition. Exhibition with John Stafford and Joe Finch in Newport, Wales. Part of Christmas Exhibition at Attic Gallery, Swansea
- 2005 – Solo printmaking exhibition at Devon Guild of Craftsmen.
©Sheila Stafford. All Rights Reserved 2019