- National Diplomas in Graphic Design and Art Teaching Ceramics from the Pretoria Art School and
- A Degree in Fine Art and History of Art as well as Architecture from UNISA
Tineke lives and works in Pretoria where she produces these exquisite pieces in her studio.
Her cement panels grace the walls of National and International Institutions, Museum, Hotels, Embassies and Airports including:
- House Brand – Pretoria
- Southern Bank of Africa – Johannesburg
- Sandton International Conference Centre
- SA Embassy Berlin – Germany
- New home for President Nelson Mandela – Vaalwater
- O.R. Tambo International Airport – Johannesburg
(To name a few)
From 1984 to 2001 her ceramics were exhibited at prestigious galleries and venues around the world and South Africa including:
- 1984 : Biennale Internationale de Ceramics D’Art Vallarus, France
- 1985 : 43 Concorso Internationale Delta Ceremica D’Arte – Faenza, Italy
In 1987 she was awarded the joint first prize at the National Ceramics Exhibition in Cape Town.
She won international acclaim with her exhibitions in France, Hong Kong, the Czech Republic and galleries in South Africa as well as the Pretoria Art Museum.
From 2009 Tineke concentrated more on glasswork and exhibited at galleries in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Hermanus and Cape Town.
In 2017 she participated in a “Glass Artwork Illustration Project” in Bratislava, sending photo/postcards of her work.
Her work is in the collections of:
- Clay Museum – Cesky Krumlov., Czech Republic
- Durban Art Museum
- Pretoria Art Museum
- ABSA Art Gallery
- East London Art Museum
- SA Embassy Paris- France
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum – Port Elizabeth
- Durbanville Clay Museum – Cape Town
©Tineke Meijer 2022